Skip to content
Land & New Construction

User Stats

Votes
Ryan M.
  • Developer
  • Panama City Beach, FL
Votes |
Is anyone building spec homes in Las Vegas?

Ryan M.
  • Developer
  • Panama City Beach, FL
Posted Aug 10 2020, 09:33

I see that the market is dominated by national builders, but there are also buildable lots around and parcels that can be split into multiple lots. I was building specs in FL and I am wondering if anyone is building here in Vegas and is willing to chat.

User Stats

Votes
Bill Brandt#3 1031 Exchanges Contributor
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Aug 10 2020, 17:32

Probably your easiest course would be to have a realtor search the MLS for new houses for sale and I think you'll find two kinds of listings 20-50 in a group and 1-4 "singles" I know there were some small builders far west (Just inside 215) between Cheyenne and Craig. Lots of single stories with 3 cars garages. The kind of properties I was looking for at the time btu the location didn't work for me.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan M.
  • Developer
  • Panama City Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Panama City Beach, FL
Replied Aug 11 2020, 13:12

I looked at some larger lots in Henderson that had views and some other lots scattered around the valley that I could split. I'm looking to build a few at a time and was wondering if any other investors are building here.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Bill Brandt#3 1031 Exchanges Contributor
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Aug 11 2020, 13:33

Many of our bigger lots come from the BLM auctions. You could look in to those if you’re looking for a bigger than average splittable lot.