Novice want to build on a parcel.

Novice want to build on a parcel.

Investor · Anaheim · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 2 votes

I've found a 1.5 acres in the center of a well known city in east Los Angeles. Across the street from the property are multi-million dollars homes.  The only problem with this land is that it is on a hill.  I know that you can fit at least three 3,000 sq feet homes with 3 cars garage easily.  My problem is how do you find investors/developers?  For the price of the land is a real steal and plus the new SB9 would be an easy cash cow.  I's novice on this (so be easily on me) and wondering how much does it cost average to build a home on an angle of a hill. This could be over my head but I would like to know...

2Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    5y

    Nowadays in LA, you're probably talking $400 SF for a nice home with those extra footing and steel. So a 3000 SF house would be $1.2 mil. Just for the build.... add on for architect, engineer, school fees, permit costs, etc.

  • Developer · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 464 posts · 143 votes
    5y

    @Duke Tran research the local market, find out who's doing/building what you want to build, build relationships, and slowing build the team around you. 

  • Investor · Anaheim · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    How do you find investors?  I can buy the land but will have a hard time building because of money..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.