• Seattle, WA
Votes |
To Partner or Not to Partner

Alex James Sindelar
  • New to Real Estate
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Jan 19 2022, 19:45

Hi all,

My wife and I live in Seattle and have been looking at investing in SFHs in Southeast Minnesota for a little under a year now. Recently, My brother and his wife(who live in southeast Minnesota) have said that they are interested in investing there also and would possibly want to go in on something together. We trust my brother and his wife, and he is also very handy with carpentry, masonry, plumbing, and some basic electrical.

We aren't sure what to do. On one hand, it would be nice to have "boots on the ground" and have a partner at the physical location. it would also be nice to be able to afford more and have more options as well as more risk security having more "investors" involved.

On the other hand, there would be more people involved so it could be harder to come to decisions and could sour relationships(since it is my brother) if something happened. We also don't know how we would structure a partnership in a way that would be fair and make everyone happy.

If anyone has advice or can point us in the direction of some good resources that would be very helpful!

Loading replies...