Buying into a real estate franchise

2 Replies

Has anyone had experience investing in a real estate brokerage startup like Help-u-Sell, Keller Williams, or otherwise. These seem like great investments, good or bad housing market.

Hello Mark,

I am a realtor with a company very similar to Keller Williams, actually we share the same bus. design, etc. They are VERY smart companies to invest in, however, I am not sure what the open market value or appreciation is on stock in the company. I know that down here in San Diego, CA, they are doing very well, and are growing quickly, but I am not that read up on the stocks in this sort of company. I would however state taht working for a similar broker , it is an opportunity to get into a compnay that shows no sign of slowing as people are continuing to purchase housing left and right. Check out my company's webpage, www.miligroup.net, as this is a company that when it goes public I am going to purchase a TON of stock in. Hope this info. helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can try to help with.

Seems like it would be a good idea to get in early at one of these companies as an owner. The only problem I see is when markets slowdown, realtor offices probably don't do a ton of business. It would be good if they could figure out how to add other sources of revenue. That would make an extremly strong company! Diversification is the key for the future, I think!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.