• Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
Need for Contractors in Orlando Area?

Christopher McCarthy
  • Contractor
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Posted Jul 18 2022, 16:53

Hey everyone,

I am a contractor located in Virginia Beach. My wife and I are considering moving to the Orlando area within 1-2 years because of family. Right now I have steady work here, booked out 2-3 months. There is a huge demand for general contractors in the area here. 

I'm wondering what the Real Estate Climate is like in the the Orlando area, I know there is a lot of new construction going on etc. but how are you investors and agents feeling? Is it hard to find good contractors, or are they a dime a dozen?

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Brenyo
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Florida
Replied Jul 18 2022, 19:11

Hey Christopher,

Finding a reliable and reasonably priced contractor here in Central Florida has been a challenge. A lot of the STR properties I'm selling need updating. Majority need light renovations but more recently I've had some kitchens and bathroom we needed done. Finding someone who shows up and communicates well with clients would do really well here IMO.

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Gibson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jul 19 2022, 05:34
Quote from @Christopher McCarthy:

Hey everyone,

I am a contractor located in Virginia Beach. My wife and I are considering moving to the Orlando area within 1-2 years because of family. Right now I have steady work here, booked out 2-3 months. There is a huge demand for general contractors in the area here. 

I'm wondering what the Real Estate Climate is like in the the Orlando area, I know there is a lot of new construction going on etc. but how are you investors and agents feeling? Is it hard to find good contractors, or are they a dime a dozen?

Please Come! there is high demand for reliable contractors within the investor community!

GPG Team Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Alex Talcott
  • Attorney
  • Durham, NH
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Durham, NH
Replied Jul 19 2022, 05:50

I'd like to build out my depth chart of contractors in Central Florida as well

All are welcome to contact me here

User Stats

Votes
Shawn McCormick
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jul 19 2022, 18:52

@Christopher McCarthy in todays climate, you would easily have yourself booked up. Depending on your niche, you could be easily stay busy with whatever it is. We have so much new construction and many builder are doing spec homes, so they want the upgrades builders don't offer, semi custom home buyers want high quality upgrades, most flippers can't keep crews busy enough (right now) due to low inventory, but margins are slimmer, builders need construction managers who typically handle 10-12 homes in a community at a time, small investors need site built homes and on and on.

We have been very underserved for many years, so get licensed and hit the ground running!

Best of luck!