Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Paloma Carmen
Votes |
In the process of buying a duplex in Beacon Hill.... thoughts on the area?

Paloma Carmen
Posted May 11 2023, 15:46

Hi everyone. Out of state and recently went live with an offer for a duplex in beacon hill. Does anyone in the san antonio area have insight on beacon hill? My reserch is kind of mixed... seems like its a cute part of town but theres issues with it being close to the HWY, train tracks, and that sometimes it can be rough. I heard that theres alot of investors coming in rennovating the homes. Olmos park and alta vista is close by and I think thats a pretty good part of SA right? 

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Francl
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 11 2023, 16:15

Hey @Paloma Carmen - I sent you a PM.

I own and manage my own 4 unit in Beacon. To your point, proximity to highway is something to monitor and I typically would like to stay south of Hildebrand as well. You won’t quite pay Alta Vista prices for the asset, and also to your point, yes, you’ll see a lot of buildings being fixed up around Beacon.

The tenant base is usually young professionals or sometimes students and I have not had more than a week here or there of vacancy in years. 

Great pocket to invest! Best of luck on a smooth transaction for you! 

User Stats

Votes
Paloma Carmen
Votes |
Replied May 11 2023, 17:28

Hi @Aaron Francl, thank you for the response. Your input is greatly appreciated! Also, what is Blanco Road like? My house would be close by and I hear that there are some nice restaurants down there. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
V.G Jason
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
Replied May 11 2023, 17:59

It's on my small radar of communities to invest in. Been proposed a lot of possible fix & flips, passed simply cause we're already under so many and I'm trying to get more properties in other areas. If it's a good price and not super close to highway--it'll be a good long term investment.

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Francl
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 12 2023, 06:40
Quote from @Paloma Carmen:

Hi @Aaron Francl, thank you for the response. Your input is greatly appreciated! Also, what is Blanco Road like? My house would be close by and I hear that there are some nice restaurants down there. 

You got it. Blanco is a main North/South road, I use it all the time in that area. Yes, it does have a few restaurants off it including some great taco spots off Blanco & Hildebrand.

As far as investments, nearness to Blanco is good. That’s starting to creep into Alta Vista, and you’re off the western highway portion of the neighborhood a bit.