User Stats

Votes
Matthew Iulo
Votes |
How to best deploy 550k cash in the Dallas metro area

Matthew Iulo
Posted May 20 2023, 14:20

Hi Everyone!

I have been patient over the last few years after accumulating two great investment properties in the ATX area in 2019 and 2021.  Been wanting to see some softening in the market and now want to dive back in and been really zoning in on the Dallas metro.

I am lucky enough to have some cash that I would like to deploy as I am not super interested in taking out any traditional lending at these current rates... 

My question I pose is, with around 550k cash available, how would you best use that in the Dallas - or even north ATX area. My thought is to keep my eye out for possibly two separate SFH in an accelerating growth area (east dallas?) and enjoy appreciation, monthly cashflow with low holding costs due to no mortgage. Hoping to be able to get a below market price deal with cash offer.

Or use all the 550K on a small multi fam if there are any?  Or find a syndicate that works deals in Texas?

Looking for some thoughts on best way to make that 550k sing!  I should mention I really like the appreciation game while knowing I will hopefully see some rental growth to aid in that monthly cash flow.  Open to refinancing these purchases later once rates are down and some equity has been built up.

Loading replies...