Hi BP community I am just starting out surprise surprise, but how can I figure out what area of the market is good for buying? How do I figure out how much rent is for other properties around a "good deal" and how to get comparable pricing from a house your interested in from one established home down the street?
If someone can please help me out I'd appreciate your input.
@Quincy Fellows Welcome.
1. I'd approach a Mortgage Broker to run your Credit, put you into DU (Fannie Mae's Desktop Underwriter) and see what you're qualified to borrow on conventionally.
2. I'd select an area and ask a RE Broker, that you're compatible with, to let you know the SOLDS for the last year in that area. You can then bracket the price range which seems to moving quickly from the DOM (Days on Market). Finally have them send the ACT (currently ACTive properties on the market) for you to match them up with.
3. Go through the podcasts, threads and forums here on BP (not everything is accurate on these threads, forums or podcasts) Use your intuition.
4. Set a timetable and DO IT!
PS Also get to the local REIAs.
Thank you @Mike Hurney I have proceeded with step one already hopefully I can get back some positive results. Also there are no local clubs for advisors unfortunately so do you think itd be a hassle to find one online? and I have one personal question if you don't mind. If your were twenty years old made about 35k a year and have no debt or expenses. what would you consider a plausible start into real estate? would you buy and hold or wholesale or flip maybe a combination?
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing