I have more money now, what to do?

I have more money now, what to do?

Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 4 votes

To make long story short. I brought my first 3 family in 2023 after taking a course on how to do it. In 2025 in January, my house caught fire and it a total lost. . Insurance paid me out, what path  I should consider to maximize?  I was thinking buying a commercial building with 5 or more units. My other options are buying multiple multifamily family ( residential not commercial). I also want to dig into fix and flip and considering short term rentals or insurance for displace individuals or family. Any ideas will be appreciated.  I am looking to do this in connecticut. 

2Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Coach · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 171 posts · 64 votes
1y

Sorry to hear that about your property. But you've come to the right place, Gabriel. Honestly, given that the CT market is pretty tight, i'd be curious to hear how much cash you have to put towards your next investment. That would help me come up with a better fit solution for you.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Coach · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 171 posts · 64 votes
    1y

    Sorry to hear that about your property. But you've come to the right place, Gabriel. Honestly, given that the CT market is pretty tight, i'd be curious to hear how much cash you have to put towards your next investment. That would help me come up with a better fit solution for you.

    • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Micah White:

      Sorry to hear that about your property. But you've come to the right place, Gabriel. Honestly, given that the CT market is pretty tight, i'd be curious to hear how much cash you have to put towards your next investment. That would help me come up with a better fit solution for you.


       I have 300k

  • Meriden, CT · Member since 2018 · 699 posts · 500 votes
    1y

    @Gabriel Akinyemi - I fix and flip in CT.  I'd be happy to have a conversation to give you some guidance.  If interested, DM me.

    • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Samuel Eddinger:

      @Gabriel Akinyemi - I fix and flip in CT.  I'd be happy to have a conversation to give you some guidance.  If interested, DM me.

      Thank you much I appreciate that my next venture would love to connect
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    I would do another 2-4 unit since you have experience with that. If you can buy a couple then do so. Fix and flip is a good strategy but more moving parts so I would establish a team and take time to understand it. Either way 300K gives you many options so pick one that you like/suits you and focus on it

    • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Caleb Brown:

      I would do another 2-4 unit since you have experience with that. If you can buy a couple then do so. Fix and flip is a good strategy but more moving parts so I would establish a team and take time to understand it. Either way 300K gives you many options so pick one that you like/suits you and focus on it

      Thank you so much, I was going to buy and hold and then learn fix and flip. What are some good strategies on building a team?
    • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Gabriel Akinyemi:
      Quote from @Caleb Brown:

      I would do another 2-4 unit since you have experience with that. If you can buy a couple then do so. Fix and flip is a good strategy but more moving parts so I would establish a team and take time to understand it. Either way 300K gives you many options so pick one that you like/suits you and focus on it

      Thank you so much, I was going to buy and hold and then learn fix and flip. What are some good strategies on building a team?

       Just network. Interview and find the right pieces. GC is the biggest piece. I would have a couple in your pocket for projects. Find a solid agent for the flip side who can also get you comps and sell the place once it's done. I would also reach out to some hard money lenders, they can help you scale faster. Be careful though, don't take too much on at a time especially when you are learning the fix & flip game

    • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 4 votes
      1y

       Just network. Interview and find the right pieces. GC is the biggest piece. I would have a couple in your pocket for projects. Find a solid agent for the flip side who can also get you comps and sell the place once it's done. I would also reach out to some hard money lenders, they can help you scale faster. Be careful though, don't take too much on at a time especially when you are learning the fix & flip game

      Thank you i appreciate it 
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bloomfield CT · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 408 votes
    1y

    If you need a GC in Waterbury, I can recommend two who I have used frequently 

    • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Quote from @James McGovern:

      If you need a GC in Waterbury, I can recommend two who I have used frequently 

      Thank you so much, are they only in waterbury?
    • Flipper/Rehabber · Bloomfield CT · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 408 votes
      1y

      @Gabriel Akinyemi no. They are headquartered there but will travel throughout the state 

  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 1 vote
    1y

    You can try a software from a company called rentcast in USA to search for the residential properties that could fully align with your requirements to invest. if you subscribe for  pro plan which costs you only $12 per month and i illustrated the full details of the subscription plan by the image below. If you're interested you can get registered for the subscription through my referral link here:- https://rentcast.io?via=anjan-chakravarthy1111%2Fapp&via...

    Only if you subscribe for the pro plan through my referral link I will give you the code for 20% discount for your very first successful subscription

  • Gregory SchwartzBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · College Station, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    @Caleb Brown has great advice. "I would do another 2-4 unit since you have experience with that."

    Let’s be real—pretty sure that advice came straight from the '90s icons, TLC:

    "Don't go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to."

    What I’ve learned—from experience and from my mentors—is that you usually make more money by sticking to what you know. Chasing the next hot trend, even if it feels adjacent to your current area of expertise, can easily backfire.

    Master your lane. That’s where the real money is.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.