Which paid mentorship communities are you a member of?

Which paid mentorship communities are you a member of?

Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 1 vote

I am nearly two years into my investing journey and have six properties under me. I have finally realized that I need to be part of a community and have a mentor because whenever I hit a problem, I get super stressed out and have no one to turn to for reflection or advice. I am researching all of them at the moment and I wanted to ask, what paid for membership communities are you a part of that has been supportive?

0Reply
127 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Amelia Cooper:

I want peership. I got six properties under my belt without being part of a community and now I am facing challenges that 1) I do not know if they are real challenges or part of the normal course of business or 2) how to resolve them or 3) if I am doing it right. While I appreciate your naysay, what I am looking for - reassurance and oversight - can't be replaced with a Youtube video. 

You just found one, and it's (almost) free. We can help you here as a sounding board for questions, but it also sounds like you need to grow a thicker skin and that's a personal growth challenge. Your thoughts become reality - and I don't mean that spiritual in any way, I am an engineer. So you have to learn how to control your thoughts. Like the old saying: whether you think you CAN or you CAN'T: - you are right.

Success always looks easy when you see others, but you have not seen their struggles and setbacks. We all have them. I thought my life would be bliss when I got to where I am, but far from it, the challenges just look different.

Self-reliance is something you can cultivate and train like a muscle. Every time you have overcome a challenge, write it down or tell someone about it - you will start to wire your brain that every issue you encounter, you figure out a solution.
See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Amelia Cooper:

    I am nearly two years into my investing journey and have six properties under me. I have finally realized that I need to be part of a community and have a mentor because whenever I hit a problem, I get super stressed out and have no one to turn to for reflection or advice. I am researching all of them at the moment and I wanted to ask, what paid for membership communities are you a part of that has been supportive?

    Hi @Amelia Cooper, welcome to the BP Forum! What type of properties do you currently own and where? Are you looking to acquire more properties?

  • Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    I want peership. I got six properties under my belt without being part of a community and now I am facing challenges that 1) I do not know if they are real challenges or part of the normal course of business or 2) how to resolve them or 3) if I am doing it right. While I appreciate your naysay, what I am looking for - reassurance and oversight - can't be replaced with a Youtube video. 

    • Jaycee GreenePro Member
      Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Amelia Cooper:

      I want peership. I got six properties under my belt without being part of a community and now I am facing challenges that 1) I do not know if they are real challenges or part of the normal course of business or 2) how to resolve them or 3) if I am doing it right. While I appreciate your naysay, what I am looking for - reassurance and oversight - can't be replaced with a Youtube video. 

      Hey @Amelia Cooper. There are many folks on BP that would be willing to support you, but I think it might help us here at the forum if we understood an example of a "challenge" you've faced that in hindsight, perhaps you could have dealt with more quickly or efficiently using someone else's recommendation? Perhaps this includes tenant screening, drywall contractors, cash out refi lenders, etc. 

    • Member since 2024 · 65 posts · 62 votes
      1y

      @Amelia Cooper totally get the feeling. I was looking for the same thing, although it sounds like you were ahead of me. I wanted to pay someone to help me scale and be strategic. It was dumb luck coming across Donato at Bright Investor. 

    • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Amelia Cooper:

      I want peership. I got six properties under my belt without being part of a community and now I am facing challenges that 1) I do not know if they are real challenges or part of the normal course of business or 2) how to resolve them or 3) if I am doing it right. While I appreciate your naysay, what I am looking for - reassurance and oversight - can't be replaced with a Youtube video. 

      You just found one, and it's (almost) free. We can help you here as a sounding board for questions, but it also sounds like you need to grow a thicker skin and that's a personal growth challenge. Your thoughts become reality - and I don't mean that spiritual in any way, I am an engineer. So you have to learn how to control your thoughts. Like the old saying: whether you think you CAN or you CAN'T: - you are right.

      Success always looks easy when you see others, but you have not seen their struggles and setbacks. We all have them. I thought my life would be bliss when I got to where I am, but far from it, the challenges just look different.

      Self-reliance is something you can cultivate and train like a muscle. Every time you have overcome a challenge, write it down or tell someone about it - you will start to wire your brain that every issue you encounter, you figure out a solution.
    • Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 1 vote
      1y
      Quote from @Marcus Auerbach:
      Quote from @Amelia Cooper:

      I want peership. I got six properties under my belt without being part of a community and now I am facing challenges that 1) I do not know if they are real challenges or part of the normal course of business or 2) how to resolve them or 3) if I am doing it right. While I appreciate your naysay, what I am looking for - reassurance and oversight - can't be replaced with a Youtube video. 

      You just found one, and it's (almost) free. We can help you here as a sounding board for questions, but it also sounds like you need to grow a thicker skin and that's a personal growth challenge. Your thoughts become reality - and I don't mean that spiritual in any way, I am an engineer. So you have to learn how to control your thoughts. Like the old saying: whether you think you CAN or you CAN'T: - you are right.

      Success always looks easy when you see others, but you have not seen their struggles and setbacks. We all have them. I thought my life would be bliss when I got to where I am, but far from it, the challenges just look different.

      Self-reliance is something you can cultivate and train like a muscle. Every time you have overcome a challenge, write it down or tell someone about it - you will start to wire your brain that every issue you encounter, you figure out a solution.

      This was the most arrogant, condescending, uninformed, mansplained response that I had to re-read it several times before I realized it wasn't parody. It's stuffed with trite and overused clichés and spoken as if you copied and pasted a James Arthur Ray 1997 seminar script. 

      The thickness of my skin is not indicative of my desire for community and peership outside of my own echo chamber. If I didn't feel like it would be a waste of time to list them, I would name the litany of achievements and demonstrations of resilience I possess. I can only imagine what you have diddled up in your mind about me - and it's probably not that I grew up in foster care, or that I was homeless, or that I built not one, two, three but four businesses from the ground up. You probably don't know that I have no nuclear family, or that I got by on wits and stubbornness, or that I'm buying in the same state I was homeless in so I can triumph with multiple homes and change my story, day by day. You don't know I got my bachelor's in business in 11 months or my MBA in 4.5, or that I live with high-functioning C-PTSD and still manage to strength train, own two businesses currently, go to therapy or take ice showers all without someone sitting by my side telling me I have to do it. 

      The same thinking that made you feel as if your comment on my self-reliance was useful is the same thinking that assertions like mine are wasted on so I don't actually care if any of this lands, except hopefully to set an example for other readers that may give them pause next time they consider responding to someone's genuine question like C-grade bumper sticker armchair therapist. 

  • Member since 2024 · 65 posts · 62 votes
    1y

    Check out BrightInvestor. I did a diamond mentorship with Donato- I think it was $3600 for the year. Send me a message if you want more details. I'm very, very pleased with the results. 

    I also looked at Rod Kleif and Michael Blank. Both mentorship's cost north of $20k, and both kind of push to do big syndications, which wasn't my jam. I wanted to do mid sized multis using personal capital to fund down payments. 

  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y

    @Amelia Cooper

    agree with you, I would try to just form a peer group with local investors though.  are you going to meetups and meeting local folks?  that's the best thing to do.

  • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    Wow, it was certainly not meant this way. Sounds like you have already accomplished a lot..  anyways, the BP comunity is here to help - just post your question!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.