I am a CPA and have been performing financial audit work for over 10 years. I have always looked at my work as the foundation for something else, something more exciting and challenging. I recently left my job to pursue a career in real estate investment. Since I have no professional experience in real estate, I don't know the best job to pursue which will give me relevant skills for buy and hold or fix and flip investments in the future.
So in this post I am asking two questions:
1. Are there any growing REI operations that could use the skills of a detail-oriented professional who learns quickly?
2. What jobs should I be pursuing to get experience in the nuts and bolts of REI?
I am so very interested in this field, but most of the job postings I've seen require experience I do not yet have. If someone took a chance on me and was willing to show me the ropes while I helped them with their operation, I'd be ever thankful!
Just as in the accounting world the REI world is ever evolving. Just try to absorb as much as you can from as many sources you can and go from there. Your offer sounds enticing I do hope you find a mentor in your area. Best of Luck...
@Kevin Morales welcome to the site.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!