Finding deals

7 Replies

Hello Bp,

Anyone in the dallas/ft. Worth know of any great deals here in Dallas Tx. or where is the best place to look if you dont have access to mls?

Why would anyone tell u if they had access to these deals?

@George P. - For starters, no single person can manage every possible deal that exists. Next, this is supposed to be a place for others to seek out help from everyone else. And lastly, he asked for help with a best place to look besides MLS and a simple friendly response could have been to try driving through your local neighborhoods looking for vacant or FSBO properties or try joining a local REI group where people are willing to share on deals if even for a finders fee.

@Carlos Alvarado - see above for some examples of places to look.

Thanks Maceo,

Exactly Maceo, I didnt know what to respond to George. I didnt want to be rude. Bigger pockets is place for networking and helping each other. Not to compete.

Thanks alot Maceo

Originally posted by @Maceo D. :
@George P. - For starters, no single person can manage every possible deal that exists. Next, this is supposed to be a place for others to seek out help from everyone else. And lastly, he asked for help with a best place to look besides MLS and a simple friendly response could have been to try driving through your local neighborhoods looking for vacant or FSBO properties or try joining a local REI group where people are willing to share on deals if even for a finders fee.

@Carlos Alvarado - see above for some examples of places to look.

really? there's more money than deals out there. you have deals, you will get the money. the deals are 3 times harder to find than the money.

he did not ask "where can i find the deals, give me ideas". he said "anyone know of any deals". i think the OP did not even try, that's all.

@George P. - I understand, we just each focused on two different parts of his statement. I focused on the second half but yes you are correct. I meant no disrespect just with me being new here as well, wanted to ensure that we are cultivating a helpful environment even if that means only responding to part of someone's post positively rather given discouraging feedback.

@Carlos Alvarado - what are your goals? People need to know what your objectives are so they can assist you as to what you are looking for help on. Are you wanting to be a wholesaler, flipper, buy and hold, etc.? As George mentioned there is more money than deals which is a true statement but depending on where you are in the chain of RE some folks may be willing to help you and you never know someone may be ready to offload and get out of RE and need someone to buy them out. It all depends on what your focus is. Are you the one with the money looking for deals or the one trying to have deals to look for the money?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here