• Real Estate Investor
  • Frankfort, IL
Votes |
Illinois Real Estate Exam

Mark Doyle
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Frankfort, IL
Posted May 16 2014, 08:54

As an investor, I've decided to take the Illinois Real Estate Broker Exam so I can view properties on my own (among other reasons). I'm an attorney, so I don't have to take any courses or anything. I can just sit for the exam. I registered to take the exam 30 days out in a Chicago suburb. I went to start studying and am finding it difficult to come up with a study plan. They sell books/flashcards for national questions, but it appears they contain a bunch of irrelevant information. They also sell books for what appears to be the Illinois portion, but I can't tell if they cover what you need to know for the national portion as well.

When non-attorneys take the real estate courses, I'm sure you get a pretty good idea of what you need to study, and probably already have the material outlined. So I'm assuming that is where I am at a disadvantage. Can anyone recommend good study materials that will be the easiest to cram enough information into my head to pass the exam - more importantly, cram the RIGHT information into my head.

I'm down to 29 days, and I work full time, so I have to figure this out pretty quickly!

Loading replies...