• Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Introduction and investment advice

Tim Brickner
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Jul 22 2014, 21:23

Hello BP Forums

Wanted to use my first post to introduce myself and get input on my current investment:

31 years old from NJ/Philadelphia. Licensed broker in PA/NJ. Currently pursuing CCIM designation. Ultimately want to be involved in commercial real estate, development, and multi family properties.

Investment Scenario:

• Purchased commercial land in 2008, 6.5 acres,18,000 daily traffic, zoned retail/office
  • Purchase Price - $575,000  30 yr @ 7% $325,000 mortgage balance
  • Refinanced 2012  25 yr  @ 6% $190,000 mortgage balance
  • Phase 1 and final site plan approved for 30,000 sqft office/retail completed
  • Actively listed for sale for $599,000 since 2013

This was my first development project partnered with planned end user. Partner separates from wife, business fails, divorce, files bankruptcy, end of partnership. 

Besides the obvious sale of the property, looking for creative ideas for new real estate investments.

A scenario I am considering is purchasing single family property, cash deal to cover monthly expense of commercial land, roughly $1,800 per month.

Properties renting for $1,800 are selling for 170-195k.

Once cash flowing, refi property for down payment  on next property and so on.

I've considered paying off commercial land to save monthly expense but with no guarantee of when it will sell, I feel safer with cash in bank or invested into another property that would be easier to dispose of if need be. 

Any feedback, comments, or discussion will be much appreciated. 

Tim

Loading replies...