Anyone investing in New York - Westchester, Putnam & Dutchess Counties

4 Replies

Hey BP, 

Anyone investing in New York?

Since I grew up in NY, I'm constantly comparing the markets in Westchester, Putnam & Dutchess Counties to where I'm currently living now in Orlando FL (Orange County). 

I'm looking for buy and holds and most of the deals I see in NY just don't make much sense from a cash flow perspective. The high taxes kill a lot of the deals. 

I'm curious what strategies people are using that are investing in NY and actually turning a profit. 

@Mark Severino when I relocated to Orlando I started exploring my investment options and learned a lot. What areas do you focus on?

I never really explored any investment options while in New York, but my whole network is there. I have a team who holds a gc license while working as union carpenters & electricians...since I go back and forth often it makes sense to look for deals up there also.

The prices in Orlando are much better, but this market also seems saturated with investors...

Promotion
PassiveInvesting.com
Private Real Estate Syndication Team
ATTENTION: Learn the 7 Red Flags for Passive Apartment Investing
Do you want to learn how to know if you are investing with a good operator? Check this out now.
Read Article Now

@Mark Severino when I relocated to Orlando I started exploring my investment options and learned a lot. What areas do you focus on?

I never really explored any investment options while in New York, but my whole network is there. I have a team who holds a gc license while working as union carpenters & electricians...since I go back and forth often it makes sense to look for deals up there also.

The prices in Orlando are much better, but this market also seems saturated with investors...

@Nick G. Interesting point on the number of investors here. I just went to the local REIA and was blown away by the number of ppl that attended, much higher than anything I ever saw in NY.

I just moved here so looking for a personal residence to start, currently downtown and looking to stay there.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you