Own two but how do I get funding for my next property.

Own two but how do I get funding for my next property.

Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hey all,

I'm stuck with two properties.  How do I get financing for my next one.  Do I need to save up 20% for each? 

Thank you.

Nick

0Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 143 posts · 36 votes
11y

Nicholas,

I call almost every for sale by owner sign I see, and I ask them if they are interested in engaging in a seller finance deal with me.  I explain the pros and cons of it, and I'd say about 9.9times out of 10 they say no.  However, I 've bought 2 houses that way and I actually just had a promising call yesterday when I called one waiting to pick my daughter up from school. 

You could always dip into the equity of your current house(s) and use that as a down payment, or depending how much you have, pay cash.

Have you used fha currently?? You can use that for up to a four-plex I believe (but not certain!).  You could live one of the units...rent the other(s) out.  Brandon Turner from this podcast is a big advocate for this, as am I - I used fha for a duplex of mine, worked out great.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 143 posts · 36 votes
    11y

    Nicholas,

    I call almost every for sale by owner sign I see, and I ask them if they are interested in engaging in a seller finance deal with me.  I explain the pros and cons of it, and I'd say about 9.9times out of 10 they say no.  However, I 've bought 2 houses that way and I actually just had a promising call yesterday when I called one waiting to pick my daughter up from school. 

    You could always dip into the equity of your current house(s) and use that as a down payment, or depending how much you have, pay cash.

    Have you used fha currently?? You can use that for up to a four-plex I believe (but not certain!).  You could live one of the units...rent the other(s) out.  Brandon Turner from this podcast is a big advocate for this, as am I - I used fha for a duplex of mine, worked out great.

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    11y

    @Nicholas Kless How did you buy the two you have now?  Debt of cash?

    Joe Villeneuve
    REcapSystem
    A2REIC

  • Flipper · Port Deposit, MD · Member since 2014 · 280 posts · 171 votes
    11y

    I like the term used.   "Stuck with" really makes it sound like you are "stuck with" the job of cleaning grease traps, or "stuck with" a neighbor who likes to let his dog poo in your yard.

    Oh how I would love to be "stuck with" two properties..  ;)

  • Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Joe,

    I purchased both with my VA loan. So now I either owner finance or put down 20%...I'm assuming...

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    11y

    Nicholas,

    How are the two properties you're "stuck with" doing?

    Joe Villeneuve
    REcapSystem
    A2REIC

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.