Investment Clubs

6 Replies

I am a Real Estate agent in Lincoln, NE. I would like to set-up an investment club to go along with my investor seminars. This would help bring in leads for myself as I want to work with investors. I would envision a once a month meeting as  place for investors to look at different deals, receive advice and just hang out with other investors. How could I market this idea? Is this worth looking into? Do other city around the country do something like this and how do the meetings usually go?

Cody define your target investor.

My target investor clients for commercial usually has 1 million and up to invest although a minimum of 500k to 750k can get them one commercial property to start usually.

Now if they want to invest in a fund I set up then that is different and can be done with smaller amounts such as 200k and up.

Is your investor Cody a flipper?? A buy and hold investor??

What you do not want is a mixed bag of people that are not your target client for business wasting tons of your time with no capacity to do anything.

thanks for those points. I am looking to work with flip/buy and hold single family homes.

Cody Schaaf

Keller Williams Agent

[email protected]

MeetUp is the best place to start. Chances are there is already a (or multiple) Meet Up investment club(s) in your area, if there isn't, you can start one in a couple minutes. People will find you.  

Bigger markets like NYC, LA, Chicago D.C. have multiple popular clubs. Filter the clubs by members or events held. This is a good way to get ideas on conducting your meeting.   

Hi, Please  consider  - Meetup, Bigger Pockets Meetup , and finally, NREIA ( National Real Estate Association) too. Portland,OR has a Non -Profit REIA (NWREIA) while Phoenix,AZ (AZREIA) is a For Profit group. I prefer the Non-Profit organization. NREIA has a guide to start up a group.

Best Wishes,

Mitch Stanlley

Realtor, Keller- Williams Biltmore

Phoenix,AZ

thanks everyone for the thoughts. I have looked into to them and have found there to be no investor groups so I'm going to get one going here. 

How do investment clubs work?  

Can non-accredited investors be part of them?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here