Newbie Investor

2 Replies

I'm a new wholesaling investor. I have no problem finding homes. I do not currently have a buyers list so therefore I have not put any homes under contract. Should I really worry about getting a buyers list first or go ahead and put a house under contract and post it here on BP?

@Dee Dee Huey ,

You should be doing these things simultaneously. I definitely recommend networking with other buyers in your area (go to your local real estate investment clubs). You say you can get a deal under contract, but how do you know it is at a price other investors are willing to purchase it for without ever have spoken to one in the area. While continuing to look for properties, I would reach out to other investors and ask them what type of properties they like purchasing, in what specific areas and at what price range. If you come across a property you need to take action on immediately, reach out to one of these buyers (or a few) and ask them what price they usually purchase a property for in that specific area - this should give you an idea of what you need to get it under contract for.

Just keep in mind, there is no step by step process for getting into real estate investing. Your goal should be to continue learning as much as you can in all areas of real estate.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

Kyle

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you