Getting on wholeseller's buyer list (bayarea)

5 Replies

I see lots of postings on wholesellers building out the buyer list, i have the reverse question.  I'm a investor, and looking to invest buy and hold in the bayarea, and looking to get on the buyer list from wholesellers in this area.  Any suggestions?  thanks. 

any suggestions?

@June Yang  I am a buy-and-hold investor and I just purchased my first property from a wholesaler. Here's a couple ideas...

1) Dig around BP forums for people investing in your target market. Ask them if they are wholesalers or know of wholesalers.

2) Attend local REIA's and ask around.

I think I've been added to the buyers' lists of three or four wholesalers this year. Two of times it just took a phone conversation to be added. The other two times it was just a message sent on BP. I would guess some wholesalers might want some proof that you actually have purchased properties in the past or have access to cash to purchase in the future, but that has not been the case from my experience yet.

Good luck finding some wholesalers. My first purchase from a wholesaler has been by far my best deal and it closed within two days. It was quick, easy and a great value. So I hope to purchase more from wholesalers in the future.

Mike

Like @Troy Fisher  said, @Johnson H. hosts an excellent meetup in the san jose area. The next one is 12/05. I met a couple wholesalers last time, you should definitely check it out.

cool, @Troy Fisher @Eric Z. , thanks for the tip, i'll plan to join you guys there.

@Michael W. Thanks for the suggestions, i did get a couple of private messages from a couple of wholesalers after posting.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here