How do you present your offer directly to homeowner?

6 Replies

This post has been removed.

Great Questions Hunter,

Rule#1 Be honest.  Have more info with you than you will actually need.  Br overly prepared so if their is a detour or misdirection you can still present yourself as professional. You are a solution provider.  In order for you to provide the proper solution you have to thoroughly understand the problem, motive, and/or goal of the seller.  Don't go in showing off your data or throwing around your credentials or lack of them.  Simply ask questions.  Very Very important.  Questions like

1) Why are you selling?

2) How long have you lived here?

3) Do you have a mortgage balance 1st or 2nd?

4) How much do you owe?

5) What is a reasonable sales price in your opinion?

6) How quickly do you need it sold?

7) What if I could provide this solution?

8) Is this a fair Offer?

When you ask those questions you should have a good idea if you offer will be good enough or if you have to provide data that favors you while accomplishing and filling the need of the seller at the same time.  The way to think about it is he should be happy he meet you when it is all said and done because you added value and provided the right solution.

The point is 80%+ should be you asking questions and maintaining control and allow your presentation to unfold from that position.

At the very least it will be a great learning experience!

Also Google SPIN Selling

I hope this helps

Hunter

To me you have your answer on the reduced offer i.e. hauling away of junk, repairs, etc. It sounds to me also the deal is closed the meeting is just a formality to get the contract signed...sometimes less is best.

@Account Closed  great job getting a lead. Have they given you any idea how much they think their house is worth? If you pay them cash and can close quickly whats the least they would take. Once you find their number and you make them an offer make sure you still get them a offer in writing, so if they refuse they will have it to look at later. Best is to sit down and go over your offer with them, but that doesn't always work. You can hand it to them, mail, fax or email. See how things go before you show them comps, but have them available. Depending on your experience you can give them options in your offer increasing your chances in getting a deal done.

Your phone interview should also culminate in asking at least 2 to 3 times what price the seller wants considering the condition of the house and that you will make it very easy to sell. I don't personally want to drive 30 to 45 minutes to view a home only to find out they seller wants high retail for the house. You can make an offer over the phone, by email or in person....but keep in mind that your time has value too. If you spend too much time running around making offers before you know if there is a way to monetize a potential purchase, you will be missing leads from truly motivated sellers. Once you get the lead, the interview is the next most important aspect of investing. This is where you determine IF you want to make an offer and IF the seller is motivated.  

Always try to get the seller to give his/her price first, then negotiate from there.

Guy Gimenez, Buying Texas Today | [email protected] | (512) 270‑7279 | http://www.BuyingTexasToday.com

@Account Closed  , the best is to bring a pre filled out PA to get it locked up.

Present it with confidence!!!!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you