Question about online title search

4 Replies

I' ve been using  propertyradar.com to find home owners, current tax status, liens/ mortgages as well as a few other small helpful things when doing wholesale deals. I understand that I can look up owner info at county offices but are there any online programs that offer free info such as what I mentioned above? I pay $59 a month with PR. My county does not allow to see such online through there county site. Any suggestions? 

Full disclosure, I work for a title search company.  That being said, any of the online databases are only as accurate as the database themselves.  We do work for banks and insurance companies and they always require that we use the official land records.  Those are the hard copy documents at the County records offices.  

Now some of the databases are very good and can give you a good starting point but I would never recommend purchasing a property without an actual title search.  I'm happy to answer any specific questions you may have, just private message me. 

No, you misunderstood, that is where you should check.   You can totally run your own title search.  Just make sure you are using the official land records and not some database that may or may  not be accurate.  If you miss a lien by using one of those database it can be a costly mistake.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here