Investor · Columbus, MT · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
Infanite! Get all your cash back... If not I shoot for 25+%. Not hard with low down owner occupied multifamily. I know this would be hard without low down payments though.
Investor · Columbus, MT · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
Infanite! Get all your cash back... If not I shoot for 25+%. Not hard with low down owner occupied multifamily. I know this would be hard without low down payments though.
Engineer · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 59 posts · 35 votes
11y
25% down 25% return. Personally I dont waste time with anything under 10%. 20% and above is go time. This can be hard to do. You have to bring alot of value to your tenants to get those kinds of rents around here or get a real deal of a unit or otherwise add value to the property without injecting a ton of cash. Under 10 to 15% and other investments look like alot less work for nearly the same return. Good luck!
Investor · San Ramon, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 569 votes
11y
I'm investing more passively as I work full time and have a family... that said, I target a minimum of 15%... my goal is to get at least 1.5% of purchase price in rents.
Real Estate Investor · Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 57 votes
11y
I like 30% returns, but I would want at least 20% returns per yr. In my area this is easier to obtain. Someone I know just signed a contract yesterday for a cbs house for 19 k should rent out for 600-750 per mth