4 Replies

Hi all,

I am considering moving to:

New Jersey

Texas (staying here)

Boise, ID

Salt Lake City, UT

Albuqurque, NM

I am starting a new job and I want to own rental properties. I currently live in Austin and the market here is INSANE. Finding a home is hard, let alone a multiplex. 

How is the real estate market in ID, NJ, UT or NM? Are the homes overpriced? Taxes too high? Can you find good deals that meet the 1% rule ( this is my most pressing issue)?! 

Any advice would be helpful-

Thanks!

Hi @Daniella Ortiz - how nice to have options!  There is no one sentence answer - but if you are seriously considering moving to Boise, I would be happy to provide direct feedback.  208-608-4884.  I am sure there are a myriad of pros and cons to every option you listed, including which job you wind up taking!  

Jonna Weber, Real Estate Agent in ID (#SP41257)
208-608-4884

@Daniella Ortiz  

The more I look at other locations the more I like the Boise area. It's pretty easy to find renters and you can find properties that work, but they go fast which is why you need an agent to bird-dog for you. @Jonna Weber is active in the REI Club here, has good contacts in the area and can help for sure.

in the ogden area north of salt lake city ive seen 1% deals. let me know if I can help

Taxes are great in SLC and code is very business friendly. However, prices are high enough that for 1% deals you have to be looking in the right places and have to get pretty creative. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.