REI in NJ, NM, Boise, Utah?

REI in NJ, NM, Boise, Utah?

Real Estate Investor · austin, TX · Member since 2014 · 57 posts · 7 votes

Hi all,

I am considering moving to:

New Jersey

Texas (staying here)

Boise, ID

Salt Lake City, UT

Albuqurque, NM

I am starting a new job and I want to own rental properties. I currently live in Austin and the market here is INSANE. Finding a home is hard, let alone a multiplex. 

How is the real estate market in ID, NJ, UT or NM? Are the homes overpriced? Taxes too high? Can you find good deals that meet the 1% rule ( this is my most pressing issue)?! 

Any advice would be helpful-

Thanks!

0Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonna WeberPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    11y

    Hi @Daniella Ortiz - how nice to have options!  There is no one sentence answer - but if you are seriously considering moving to Boise, I would be happy to provide direct feedback.  208-608-4884.  I am sure there are a myriad of pros and cons to every option you listed, including which job you wind up taking!  

  • Investor · Meridian, ID · Member since 2013 · 133 posts · 50 votes
    11y

    @Daniella Ortiz 

    The more I look at other locations the more I like the Boise area. It's pretty easy to find renters and you can find properties that work, but they go fast which is why you need an agent to bird-dog for you. @Jonna Weber is active in the REI Club here, has good contacts in the area and can help for sure.

  • Ogden, UT · Member since 2013 · 266 posts · 51 votes
    11y

    in the ogden area north of salt lake city ive seen 1% deals. let me know if I can help

  • Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2014 · 58 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    Taxes are great in SLC and code is very business friendly. However, prices are high enough that for 1% deals you have to be looking in the right places and have to get pretty creative. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.