Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Steven Tierney
  • Scituate, MA
Votes |
Massachusetts Conservator / Probate Purchase?

Steven Tierney
  • Scituate, MA
Posted Feb 15 2015, 07:05

Hi Everyone,

I found a house I'm interested in purchasing for my family to live in, but it's being sold via a Conservatorship here in MA. The house is not currently on MLS, and I've had my attorney contact the court appointed Conservator (Conservator is also a local real estate attorney). I've also spoken with the Conservator myself but he wasn't exactly forthgiving with information other than "I can show you the house". It sounds like they have fiduciary rights to sell the property, but I haven't been able to find a lot of details about how this situation works in terms of the probate/legal process, if/when the courts get involved, and how long something like this might take to close.

I'm usually on BP looking for information related to my REI/Flipping interests, but honestly, this one is not something I'm really looking to "make money on" as it is in a location and town that we'd want to be in for the long term, and I simply want to find a nice house in a premium town. I was hoping somebody out there might have some info on how the Conservatorship / Real Estate process might work out, and how long something like this might take to actually close. Any information you all have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Loading replies...