Podcast suggestions

8 Replies

In addition to Bigger Pockets, which podcasts do you think are valuable? I've just stumbled on to Real Estate Investing Mastery, FlipNerd, Cashflow Diary, and Real Estate Investing for Cashflow. I've listened to a few episodes of each and they seem pretty good.

BP is the best, of course, but in addition to the ones listed, do you have any favorites that I should add to my queue?

I say listen to them all! I listen to about 1 a day during my commute to work. Each podcast, even though it might not pertain to what you want to accomplish in real estate investing, has its own golden nugget of information. 

Podcast 014 with Ben Leybovich was a very good podcast. Just listening to him speak was very inspiring. 

Podcast 037 with Aaron Mazzrillo...guy is living the life, definitely someone to look up to.

@Kyle Gregg @JR Hinds I actually just started my own podcast called 'Flip.'  I am a huge fan of the BP podcast, and it really skyrocketed my knowledge and fire for real estate when I started learning in 2011.  The podcast basically just follows me through a house I am flipping, while I teach the basics.  (I am an amateur too, so I am still learning... but getting pretty good at the podcasting!)  Give me some feedback, and if you are an active investor, I would love to have you on the show.  I even interviewed BP's own J Scott in my recent episode.  The iTunes link to Flip is below in my signature.  Enjoy, and any feedback is much appreciated! :)  Also, JR, Tucker Merrihew of the Real Dealz podcast came on my show for an interview... he has an excellent podcast called The Real Dealz Podcast, which I would reccomend to you especially, because Tucker is one of the biggest players in Portland, Oregon.  

@Jared Lichtin that is awesome you started your own podcast. I wanted to start my own but not relating to real estate a different passion of mine.

Are you on both places meaning the google play store and on ITunes? I have some production questions but I will hold off until I hear your podcast.

Which method of advertising are you using? Because there are some great free ones that can help tremendously.

@Christopher Rodriguez Thanks!  I'm not sure what the google play store is, but I am on iTunes, Stitcher & Soundcloud... so that pretty much covers it.  What methods of advertising are you referring to?  I have just been promoting it on social media for the most part.  Messed around w facebook ads for a while which were mildly unsuccessful.

@Jared Lichtin google play store is the equivalent of iTunes for android users, since Google play store is strictly for android users and iTunes as we are aware of is for iPhone users..... It is a different market but you can expand your audience by being able to be downloaded by android device users.....

I haven't used Facebook as of yet but creating a group (which as you know is free )  you can discuss and show your deals post pictures and allow others to engage you....the only thing I wouldn't do is advertise we can leave that for bigger pockets for investors and for the general public you can direct them to your webpage..... Wix . Com is a good website it's free unless you want to pay to remove their name from your web site address but hey look at it as a business expense..... Also Instagram is also popular , it's free and can reach a younger demographic for first time home buyers..... 

I have some other podcast I will inbox you so you can better educate those who come to your media platforms for regular home buyers and even investors as we invest across the country each bigger pockets member.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here