Wholesaling with a 20k marketing budget

5 Replies

I am looking for deals so I can purchase, fix and flip. Also I have some investors with cash in hand to buy deals themselves to flip. I'd like to get to the point of getting at least 5 homes a month under contract. What would be the best marketing campaign to get the most bang for my buck ? I would like to automate as much as possible. Time is more valuable for me in this case.  What kind of return can I expect to get from my investment in the marketing campaign? 

Thanks a bunch!! 

Are you talking about $20,00/mo or $20,000 in total? 

I think they are talking about 20,000 is the budget. 

From what I've read so far in forums, before going to use the big guns (use a lot of money) you can start of by using methods like craigslist, backpages, cold calling or driving for cash. 

If you're jet set on spending a lot of money marketing, there's several websites that you can find under "BP resources" that can give you options for marketing (be it direct mail, or purchasing leads). Be fore you decide to start spending money on marketing, make sure to know what your "niche" market is so you don't sprrad yourself too thin and waste money on properties that would not interest you. 

Best of luck investing! 

-Aaron 

Originally posted by @Aaron P. :

I think they are talking about 20,000 is the budget. 

From what I've read so far in forums, before going to use the big guns (use a lot of money) you can start of by using methods like craigslist, backpages, cold calling or driving for cash. 

If you're jet set on spending a lot of money marketing, there's several websites that you can find under "BP resources" that can give you options for marketing (be it direct mail, or purchasing leads). Be fore you decide to start spending money on marketing, make sure to know what your "niche" market is so you don't sprrad yourself too thin and waste money on properties that would not interest you. 

Best of luck investing! 

-Aaron 

Ideally I would like to focus on those areas that within 45 min drive from me. That can be purchased at 65% ARV.

That would be 20k total for the year. Some of the budget would be used for an internet presence. I'm just pressed short for time and would like to use my time in calling back leads, filtering the leads that are not good and driving to the home to see the property. 

Originally posted by @Jorge Rodriguez :

That would be 20k total for the year. Some of the budget would be used for an internet presence. I'm just pressed short for time and would like to use my time in calling back leads, filtering the leads that are not good and driving to the home to see the property. 

I do a 5000 piece mailer for my credit card processing business. If its anything like that you will need to spend more than 20k. Especially in a business where you make all your money upon closing the deal. My budget is set because mine is residual based and I only add a few hundred to my total revenue each month. I would think with this business if you generated 40k with 20k you would up the amount of spend each time your marketing was successful. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you