Had Lunch with a rock (BP) star yesterday and a Fan recognized him!

11 Replies

Yesterday, I was visiting my mentor looking at a property he has some ties to.  Anyway, while we were having lunch at a nearby pub, the people at the next table were discussing real estate.  I believe it was a mentor giving advice to 5-6 newbies.   The mentor mentioned BP and the light apparently clicked on for one of the newbies and she said 'I know that guy (my mentor) at the next table he is on BP."  

No she didn't ask for his autograph but she did ask to become BP colleagues with him.  

That's too funny.  The only way it could have been better is if they asked to get a picture with him. 

yeah I never thought I'd be having a meal with somebody "recognizable."

I would have got a picture with you in it.  Forget the famous mentor.  A German Shepard in a pub having lunch would've been enough for me!-)

Originally posted by @Steve Vaughan :

I would have got a picture with you in it.  Forget the famous mentor.  A German Shepard in a pub having lunch would've been enough for me!-)

LOL!  Funny but you have the wrong continent!  Take a very close look at the picture.  I'm pretty sure you haven't seen one of those in real life.  

Hey @Cal C. - I think I may have had lunch next to you myself . . . but then again I think you might be one of our bipedal members vs. the 4 legged friend your picture shows.  Would love to see the face one of these years in case we actually cross paths ;)

Yes - the entire post was a subtle hint that using your face for your avatar is better for networking.

I dont remember us having lunch together yesterday?

Oh wait, you said rock star..... nevermind....

@Joshua Dorkin

Speaking of avatars, where is mine??

Why do you think KISS paints their faces? So they aren't recognized at pubs! Obviously!

What happened to my trademark of the sun shining  through the storming clouds, I thought that said more than my face could.....besides, I can go clubbing without being recognized...LOL.  :)  

Originally posted by @Joshua Dorkin :

Hey @Cal C. - I think I may have had lunch next to you myself . . . but then again I think you might be one of our bipedal members vs. the 4 legged friend your picture shows.  Would love to see the face one of these years in case we actually cross paths ;)

Yes - the entire post was a subtle hint that using your face for your avatar is better for networking.

Hmm that was about as subtle as a Mac Truck, Josh. :)  I do agree with your point but for a variety of reasons I prefer not to post my pic nor use my last name.  Anonymity can be an advantage to a landlord.  

I get it.  Just busting some chops.

Speaking of busting on someone and networking.  I'd planned to meet you at the 2d BP conference.  I can't think of a better way for people to network!  :)  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here