Starting up

3 Replies

Hello Everyone!

I am interested in flipping houses as well as wholesaling on a fulltime basis. Currently, I am in real estate school to get my real estate license. I've been to seminars and have watched all the webinars you can think of. Now I am ready to take action. I have a contractor to partner up with for these future projects. Now there is one thing missing but other then that I am excited for what the future holds!

Kendra Ross 

Welcome to BP @Kendra Ross! I am actually in the same boat, I have passed all my tests for the real estate license exam in NY, and I will start by being a salesperson, and doing flips. If there is one tip that I can give you is to read The Book on Flipping Houses by J. Scott. This book is available at the BP store, and it really dominates the book market when it comes to flipping houses in my opinion. I have only read half so farm but it breaks everything down into small step by step guides like a little helper. What you have to do from the book, is develop a plan on how it relates to the area you want to invest, or your "farm" area, and use the information to learn your market.

From then it's all about finding deals, which you are probably familiar with because you have done so much research. Personally I am going to spend a lot of time on the MLS, checking new listings a couple times a day, and putting offers on houses that have sat for a while. If I have no luck there I will switch strategies to a different area, or use a new method of finding properties in that farm area.

I wish you luck on your licensing tests and your success in real estate! Be sure to interact with the community often and show your progress!

@Kendra Ross

BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

Medium mysolo 401k logoMark Nolan, My Solo 401k Financial | [email protected] | 800‑489‑7571 | https://www.mysolo401k.net/

Welcome @Kendra Ross from another local investor in the DC, MD, VA area. Hope you've gotten your real estate license, interested in connecting with you

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you