Orlando Strategies

23 Replies

I currently live near Universal Studios, and would like to discuss what strategies people are using in this area? Is there a good market for a buy and hold strategy? Is short-term rentals a viable option? I would sacrifice some margin to avoid potential headaches. I would prefer to stay in less than a 10 mile radius from Universal in case I have to go out and take care of any issues. 

I am from Orlando and miss this place so much you have hit a great area for rentals and considering Valencia Community College is just down the street rentals to students is very popular in this area. Also vacation homes because its central to everything, sorry if this didn't answer your question.

I would recommend looking for buy and holds in East Orlando near University of Central Florida or in the Downtown Orlando area.  There seems to be a big demand for good rental's out there and with UCF and Downtown continually growing, there will always be demand for rentals in those part's of town for now and the upcoming years.  Also prices are continually going up and the opportunities have flopped from a flip investment to more so a buy and hold strategy being more optimal.  Send me a message if you would like to connect and discuss some strategy.          

Ryan

@Eduardo C. , You should check out the Celebration area, and the surrounding Orlando areas like Winter Park. Good luck!

Orlando is an excellent place to see good returns.  Winter Park, College Park, downtown are really hot right now, but you'll pay more.  You want the numbers to work, no matter which section it is in.  Our investors flock to Orlando from all over the country because of the numbers.  If I can help you in any way, please let me know.  Best of Luck!

Originally posted by @Dan Oliver :

Orlando is an excellent place to see good returns.  Winter Park, College Park, downtown are really hot right now, but you'll pay more.  You want the numbers to work, no matter which section it is in.  Our investors flock to Orlando from all over the country because of the numbers.  If I can help you in any way, please let me know.  Best of Luck!

I'm looking to find any area near me that makes sense. I'm looking to get started some point this year. I'd like to start to lock in on an area so I can understand the market.

Do you buy and hold mostly? Flip? Vacation Rentals?

My investors do it all, so in turn, I provide all different kinds of property investments.  Buy/Hold, flips, short term, multi family, etc.  If you would like more information, please reach out

Originally posted by @John O'Leary:

@Eduardo C., You should check out the Celebration area, and the surrounding Orlando areas like Winter Park. Good luck!

Do you have experience in the Celebration area?

@Eduardo C. , I have some experience in Celebration. The market is really booming in that area right now, and it is a highly desirable neighborhood in Central FL. 

Originally posted by @John O'Leary:

@Eduardo C., I have some experience in Celebration. The market is really booming in that area right now, and it is a highly desirable neighborhood in Central FL. 

what is your strategy in the area? 

Dan Oliver, how do I contact you? Thanks

Celebration for cash-flow properties? If you want a 1.50% ROI maybe...?

32812, 32835, 32808, 32805, 32818, 32811, 32819, 32810 will be your strongest zip codes for efficient cash-flow properties in Orlando. 

I'm looking to invest in the Orlando Kissimmee area, any have investment properties 9+cap ?

Hi @Eduardo C.  

The hottest area right now to buy and hold is called Horizons West. Their growth projections are blowing every other area in Orlando out of the water. They just put in a Wal-Mart and a super plaza with a movie theater is being developed. I analyzed all of the properties there and to be honest, the roi on something in a lower end area is much higher right now but the long term equity potential in this area is much higher. Their rental market is strong, the rents are really high and the quality of tenants is A level. The issue is finding something cheap enough for it to make sense both on the hold and the exit. I found one small little community in the outskirts that is getting a 6% roi along with the equity growth and benefitting from being in this school zone. I'd be happy to send you the info if you shoot me a direct message. 

Also, as for short term rental, you can only do that in Kissimmee, Davenport and Clermont (in small sections there) and it's very lucrative. For the numbers to make sense though, you need to be looking at 5+ bedroom homes in specific communities. I have a spreadsheet on this as well. I can also get that over to you. 

Erica Muller, Real Estate Agent in FL (#sl3027965)

@Ahmed Souissi if you want a 9 cap you need to be looking into multi family property. You won't find that on residential unless it's something at least 40% under market value right now and that's hard to get your hands on. I work direct to loan servicing companies that send me their assets to sell and even those are coming in at 20-30% under before adding on any type of sales commission. 

I personally invest in mobile home parks and my parks get about a 11-13 cap which I am very happy with. 

@Ahmed Souissi I have five properties that I just got in on Friday but I still have to go out and look at them to see how much rehab work (if any) each needs and then I will be sending them out to my investors. I can add you to my list if you'd like. Just shoot me a direct message. If you're looking for multifamily, I do have one really nice off market property in GA that I was looking into buying for myself but not sure if I can buy it or not yet. I am happy to send your way as well to take a look at. That one has a 10 cap. 

@Eduardo C. I would recommend buy and hold by Universal if you want less headaches and steady cashflow. Please let me know how I can help you strategize your funding.

I'm out of Lakeland and I'm currently focusing on the Davenport area. Davenport (33837) is going to double in size (number of residents) due to a huge new development (Ridgewood Lakes Phase 2 and 3) and that will bring up values of existing homes as those new homes won't be cheap. There are also several road projects that will make it easier and faster to get to I-4. I exclusively invest in SFR's, mostly block homes.. However, it is becoming harder and harder to find deals in that area.. Prices have come up quite a bit.

Originally posted by @Ahmed Souissi :

I'm looking to invest in the Orlando Kissimmee area, any have investment properties 9+cap ?

You can find 9% cap rates throughout Central FL if you're willing to go through the rehab process. Purchasing properties retail would be difficult to get that rate, always better to buy Wholesale rather than retail if you want to maximize your ROI & equity.

@Erica Muller do multi-families exist in Orlando?? The closest thing I can find is a house with a garage apartment

@Alex Boyce They do but they're not easy to find. There are some triplexes and and quads in Lake county also in seminole county. I don't find too many in Orange county. 

@Alex Boyce I lived in Orlando for 12 years, there are quite a few duplexes surrounding downtown- 32803 and College Park- 32804. Those areas a more expense so not sure if there are any deals to be had though.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you