cheezy or not?

3 Replies

I spent some time in the county property tax info site yesterday researching a neighborhood where we closed our last deal.  It's a middle income area, built in the late 70's early 80's.  I decided to go house by house and search out the homes that were owned by non-residents.  I created a excel list... created a letter (short & sweet) and did a mail merge.  It's a small list (22)... but I thought "Hey- it couldn't hurt".  We have a business card I will include with the letter.  My head says it's a good idea.... my imagination is causing me to pull back.  I know it's a numbers game, so should I do this for a couple of more hoods... and then send out my letters?  Is this cheezy?  Is there an Atta-Girl in this for me?  thanks BP-ers!

I think its a great idea, you got nothing to loose but a little time and a few bucks.

@Leann W. I think it is a great idea. You have nothing to lose. Can you share the verbiage in the letter? I want to do the same for a particular neighborhood and am unsure what to say. The last time I did a yellow letter mailing I was inundated with ticked off homeowners lol.

here is what I wrote.  I kept it real simple.  I'd read some of the posts where some folks reacted negatively... so I tried to not sound too aggressive.  

Dear Sir or Madame:

We are a local NC REI company and our research indicates that you are a non-resident owner of a property at:   __________________________

We are looking for our next real estate opportunity. If at any time you consider selling the above property, please give us a call at either of these numbers:

We would like to discuss making you a cash offer.

Sincerely,

so far...  no grumpy letters.  ;-)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here