cheezy or not?

3 Replies

I spent some time in the county property tax info site yesterday researching a neighborhood where we closed our last deal.  It's a middle income area, built in the late 70's early 80's.  I decided to go house by house and search out the homes that were owned by non-residents.  I created a excel list... created a letter (short & sweet) and did a mail merge.  It's a small list (22)... but I thought "Hey- it couldn't hurt".  We have a business card I will include with the letter.  My head says it's a good idea.... my imagination is causing me to pull back.  I know it's a numbers game, so should I do this for a couple of more hoods... and then send out my letters?  Is this cheezy?  Is there an Atta-Girl in this for me?  thanks BP-ers!

910-330-3771

I think its a great idea, you got nothing to loose but a little time and a few bucks.

@Leann W. I think it is a great idea. You have nothing to lose. Can you share the verbiage in the letter? I want to do the same for a particular neighborhood and am unsure what to say. The last time I did a yellow letter mailing I was inundated with ticked off homeowners lol.

here is what I wrote.  I kept it real simple.  I'd read some of the posts where some folks reacted negatively... so I tried to not sound too aggressive.  

Dear Sir or Madame:

We are a local NC REI company and our research indicates that you are a non-resident owner of a property at:   __________________________

We are looking for our next real estate opportunity. If at any time you consider selling the above property, please give us a call at either of these numbers:

We would like to discuss making you a cash offer.

Sincerely,

so far...  no grumpy letters.  ;-)

910-330-3771

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.