Suggestions to Liquidate Inventory

5 Replies

That is an option.  The concern I have with that approach is I would at least like to make some of the money back that I put into some of these homes.  Are there any other routes that would allow that to happen?

@Nick Britton  There are 12 properties total, they are located all over. Old Brooklyn, Ohio City, West Cleveland, East Cleveland, near Lakewood are most of the areas......They are not owned free and clear there are notes on them and I don't want to do any kind of owner financing.

Originally posted by @Shawn Hughbanks :

That is an option.  The concern I have with that approach is I would at least like to make some of the money back that I put into some of these homes.  Are there any other routes that would allow that to happen?

So your goal is to sell fast or make the most money?

Obviously the better the price the faster you will unload the inventory. Even if you price it exactly at market value, the right buyer may not be there currently but  in a couple of months.

As for you wanting to make at least the money you put in the deals thats a complete different story. The buyer out there doesnt care how much you want to make, he cares how much it will cost him.

Let not forget that at the end of the day, the seller wants to make as much as possible and the buyer to save as much as possible. Now if there are other factors in this equation like in your instance wanting to sell fast, guess to whose in favor the scale will go...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you