What RE Book Are You Currently Reading?

12 Replies

I just picked out Landlording On Autopilot by Mike Butler. I believe this is one of the recommended books on various BP threads. This book offers lots of great tips and makes you look at being a landlord from a different perspective. I especially like the chapter on screening tenants and various questions he advises being on your tenant application form. Definitely worth your time! What are you currently reading (even if it is your second or third time)?

None  I get plenty of education with all the mandatory CE I have to take.

@Jay Hinrichs but you are the exception to the rule Jay:)

As far as CE, there is a lot of info in this book not taught in CE classes. Most of it is often learned in the School of Hard Knocks university...which I prefer not to attend:)

@John Thedford   basic how to real estate books are just to dry for me. 

I like motivational stuff though...

A book Brian Adams recently recommended on the BP podcast, 

KEEP IT! Advanced Tax Strategies for IRAs

Right now my reading list is composed entirely of recommendations gleaned from the BP podcasts. I recently finished Trump Style Negotiation, by George Ross. That was an exceptional book that does an excellent job simplifying an incredibly complex concept. I really took that book as one that is going to take several reads and focused study. I'm currently reading The E-Myth Revisited (Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work, and What To Do About It), and it's been an incredibly insightful read so far. I've really connected with the first half - which focuses on the psychological side of things - and I'm starting the second half now which appears to be more actionable. Next on the list are The Lean Startup by Eric Ries, and the Millionaire Real Estate Investor and Millionaire Real Estate Agent by Gary Keller. 

Just got a copy of Gary Keller's Millionaire Real Estate Agent and so far it has been nothing short of AWESOME!

mcgraw hill real estate investing 36 hour couse

I'm reading The One Thing by Gary Keller at the moment. I have The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Keller and Real Estate Math by Gerald Shingleton on deck.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Maverick Real Estate Investing- Steve Bergsman

I'm just finishing up the Millionaire Real Estate Investor and half way through Multi Family Milliions. I'm also listening to The One Thing on audio but may end up picking up an actual copy of it when I'm finished with the other two.

I'm actively (as I type this) reading "what every real estate investor needs to know about cash flow... And 36 other key financial measures " by Frank Gallinelli. A great book as it goes over details of various calculations and rules of thumb. Fantastic book for a numbers junkie like me, but may be a thick read if you don't like doing calculations.
Originally posted by @Ryan Baker :
I'm actively (as I type this) reading "what every real estate investor needs to know about cash flow... And 36 other key financial measures " by Frank Gallinelli. A great book as it goes over details of various calculations and rules of thumb. Fantastic book for a numbers junkie like me, but may be a thick read if you don't like doing calculations.

Frank's BiggerPockets Podcast

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here