Votes
William Calabretta
  • Rolling Meadows, IL
Votes |
I bought a house split on two parcels but my deed only shows one

William Calabretta
  • Rolling Meadows, IL
Posted Aug 30 2015, 13:00

PLEASE HELP! I purchased an older 2 story house that needs a lot of work.  The problem is my house is split on two parcels but only one parcel came with my deed.  I am not sure how this is possible but from what I gather this is what happened.  The original owner acquired both parcels together and deeded one of the parcels to their stepdaughter.  The step daughter later got a loan on the house and foreclosed on the property.  I am a newer investor and was not familiar with the whole process, however my realtor had explained to me that in order to close this deal I had to use the bank that sold me the property for the title search. This should have been a red flag but I wasnt familiar as I mentioned before.  Now I am getting ready to do work to this house however I am worried about putting significant money into the house if I will never be able to sell it.  I dont understand how i could have purchased a house split on two parcels and own the whole house.  This seems like it will cause an issue when I go to sell the property.  Any advice would be great or past experiences.

Loading replies...