Help in Carthage Moore County Near Fort Bragg North Carolina

Help in Carthage Moore County Near Fort Bragg North Carolina

Mobile Home Park Investor / Licensed Indiana Real Estate Broker · Chicago Area, IL · Member since 2015 · 262 posts · 135 votes

I have listened to the majority of the BP Podcasts.  I have heard it stated numerous times that many investors are motivated by the fact that they can help people while making a profit for themselves.  I am looking to see if anyone in the North Carolina market feels that way and is willing to look into a situation that I came across.

I was speaking to an electrician on my job-site and he told me he was retiring soon.  I asked him what his plans were when he retires.  He said he was moving to North Carolina.  As the conversation progressed it became apparent that he is going down there to assist his daughter. 

She purchased a home and the previous homeowner neglected to disclose some foundation issues.  She went to an attorney and they said that it was not easy to prove that the previous owner knew about the issues and it was expensive and there was no guarantee of a settlement.  She went to the bank to obtain financing to repair the foundation but was turned down. 

The subject property is in the town of Carthage and sits on a double if not triple lot.  If you are an investor in the area maybe this property is worth looking at.  A couple of options may be that she get out of the property and move elsewhere.  Another idea is that maybe it would be beneficial for an investor to subdivide her property and develop.  Its worth a shot.  If anyone in that area is interested in looking, PM me your contact and I will forward it to he father.

The property is near Fort Bragg, Fayetteville and Charlotte NC.

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mobile Home Park Investor / Licensed Indiana Real Estate Broker · Chicago Area, IL · Member since 2015 · 262 posts · 135 votes
    11y

    Just an added idea, I don't believe that job history or income are an issue with this family.  Perhaps there is a private lender out there willing to look at their situation.

  • Investor · Carthage, NC · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    What ever happened with this? I'm in Carthage and have dealt with foundation issues.

  • Mobile Home Park Investor / Licensed Indiana Real Estate Broker · Chicago Area, IL · Member since 2015 · 262 posts · 135 votes
    9y

    I'm not sure.  When Larry retired we lost touch.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.