Unresponsive Seller

2 Replies

Got a 4 unit under contract, the seller didn't disclose they needed flood insurance and that it was in a flood plane. I also made it contingent on seeing the leases and it's been over a week and they still haven't sent them over after asking for them multiple times. 

I'm not sure if they're just normally slow to respond because it is a LLC selling the property or if they're trying to hide something.

What are your experiences with unresponsive sellers?

@Chris Herrera Unfortunately, every transaction will be different. I've had unresponsive sellers that just needed a friendly reminder/motivation from me and others that were just not motivated to sell. You have to determine what your limit is and the value of your time. You could be spending that time working other deals. Keep them on a follow up schedule and the next time you talk to the seller try to find out what the hold up is. Maybe you can help he or she solve a problem and make the transaction run a little smoother.

I wish you the best!

Sincerely,

Eric H.

Don't read tooooo much into the LLC thing. That could be a person just buying investment property "the right way", or it could be 120 person operation in Nevada.

Other than that, if there is a broker involved, make that broker earn their money!

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you