Cost to flip that house

3 Replies

I was reading Justin Pierce article on all the cost to flip that house and I wanted to know a few things. When doing the numbers for a flip, is there always a lenders lawyer fee and a brokers fee? And could someone explain to m what these fees are?

Hello Dan,

There are different fees charged by different lenders and the same fees charged just with different names, lol, so yes I would always keep line items in your proforma for lender fees, legal fees and broker fees. As your vetting your deal you will have to ferret out those fees and include them in your proforma. Broker fees could pertain to realtor fees or financing or both. Legal fees could pertain to the settlement company, title searches, etc... 

And just so I don't miss if you were asking specifically what a lender's lawyer fee is? This is a fee that is usually charged in commercial transactions for the banks legal division to draw up the loan documents. The reference above are other fees that could pertain to "legal" aspect of a transaction more geared towards residential. 

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Promotion
PassiveInvesting.com
Private Real Estate Syndication Team
ATTENTION: Learn the 7 Red Flags for Passive Apartment Investing
Do you want to learn how to know if you are investing with a good operator? Check this out now.
Read Article Now

@Chris L. Thanks for the answer. I'm still a little unclear about the broker fee. I am a licensed and active Realtor so I'm guessing that fee wouldn't apply to me? Is there any other places to see a full break down example of a residential flip?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you