• New York City, NY
Votes |
Kingston NY & Poughkeepsie NY

Jared Gettinger
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New York City, NY
Posted Aug 23 2016, 10:31

Hi BP Friends, 

I've been doing a lot of research lately, including visiting properties and analyzing deals in Poughkeepsie and Kingston NY with the intent to purchase cash-flowing multi's that don't need any immediate major rehab for buy and hold. I'm finding the numbers "work" on a few 3 and 4 unit properties in the $100k-$125k range, but it's so hard to get a read on the area since I live an hour south. I'm curious to know what other investors think of these two areas, and any other nearby areas (within 2-3 hours north of NYC) that may offer cash-flowing multi-family opportunities under 200k. I hear all sorts of conflicting information and I'd like to get more feedback from people actually doing business in these areas. I've spoken with a few people who are buying, but the majority of advice I receive it to stay away- mostly from Poughkeepsie due to the crime, schools and city legislation. Are you guys finding opportunities and success? If so, where and why? Any thoughts, advice or info would be most appreciated! 

Loading replies...