• Washington, DC
Votes |
Financing Your First 5 Deals

Cassidy Burns
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, DC
Posted Sep 8 2016, 17:04

Hi BP,

As a new "real estate investor," you can get overwhelmed with the influx of information that is available.  I have read multiple real estate books, currently listening to every BP podcast (currently on #59), continuously searching for good deals, and check BP forums on a daily basis.  As many of you probably have experienced already, I have the itch.  I am more motivated than ever to make a change and develop a solid real estate buy and hold portfolio.  I am closing on my first condo tomorrow and I have already have found good, reliable tenants.  This is great.  But, now what?  No matter how much I read, listen, or watch I am stuck on the financing side.  I have been actively meeting with investors in my area, but finding a partner takes time, trust, and experience.  All of which I do not have at this point.  So what is next?  What is the best way to finance my next deal if I do not have this partner but I do have enough cash for another?  How do I get around my debt to income ratio now that I already have a brand new mortgage, car payment, paying rent, and college loan but a decently high salary?  Do I continue to meet with banks until one of them says yes?  Do I try for a portfolio lending bank?  

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

BPG Residential Logo

Loading replies...