Reputable Private Money Lenders in Houston?

4 Replies

Hey everyone, 

I'm looking for some reputable private money lenders in the Houston area. I have asked friends and family and have had some luck but would love to work with some lenders who have had experience with investors. If you know of anyone looking for future opportunities please let me know. Thanks!

John

there are several here in Houston. 

Jet lending 

searchers capital 

212 loans 

just to name a few!

currently we are set to close on a house with searchers capital have been working with Matt, really good guy fair rates and fast responses. 

but also had a really good experience with Jet Lending (been to their meet up as well good stuff for sure) hope this helps! let me know if you have any more questions.  

@John Cantu ,

Typically the term "private money lender" refers to an individual - could be family, friends, someone you meet at a REI meeting, etc.

If you are looking for firms that work with investors, that is typically referred to as a "hard money" lender.  There are a number of them that are active in the Houston area.  A couple of the larger ones I am aware of are Noble Mortgage and Jet Lending.  Google the term and Houston for more.

Good luck,

Tom

@Tom Cooper thank you. I actually was referring to private money lenders for what they are. I am familiar with several hard money lenders, jet lending is one I am familiar with. The issue I have is that many of these private lenders don't typically lend, but they have money to lend. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of some individuals who have funds to lend but also have experience with investors. I don't have experience with private money lenders and because of that I fear I would not be able to structure the terms as I should. 

typically you need to prove yourself to private money lenders. 

You need at least a small portfolio or a good presentation in order to 'sway' potential investors into actual lenders. also if you can't persuade family to invest in you, then you need to figure out what you need to change about yourself in order to give them the perception that you are worth investing in.

think positive, act positive, and don't give up. This isn't an easy job, but it is worth it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.