Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Jessica Zolotorofe
  • Attorney
  • New Jersey
Votes |
Investors, Test Your Real Estate Knowledge!

Jessica Zolotorofe
  • Attorney
  • New Jersey
Posted Dec 2 2016, 10:07

Little quiz to learn some fun facts before the weekend. What does everyone think? I was pretty surprised by some of them, myself. Answers will be posted later tonight, or you can message me and I’ll let you know how you did :) Good luck!

1. As of September 1, 2016, how many REITS were listed on the New York Stock Exchange?

(A) 43       (B) 97       (C) 189         (D) 226

2. Which of the following fast food chains is not in the top 10 global franchises for 2016?

(A) Burger King     (B) McDonalds     (C) Pizza Hut       (D) Wendy's           (E) KFC

3. Which is NOT one of the top 5 states where most building permits were issued in 2015?

(A) New Jersey          (B) New York       (C) North Carolina        (D) Georgia

4. Which 2 states issued the least number of building permits in 2015?

(A) Wyoming & South Dakota       (B) Alaska & Rhode Island       (C) Oregon & West Virginia

(D) Kansas & Kentucky

5. According to the Census, construction spending to date in 2016 amounted to _________ the same period in 2015.

(A) 3.4% above        (B) 2.1% below        (C) 4.9% above       (D) 5.3% below

6. Price per square foot in shopping centers in the NY Metro area currently average $25.50. Match the average price per square foot to these other locations.

States               PPSF

(A)Hawaii             (i) $36.86

(B)San Jose         (ii) $12.89

(C) Birmingham   (iii) $11.53

(D) Cincinnati       (iv) $44.73

7. At the end of Q2 this year, which were the 3 cities with the highest number of square feet of retail space under construction in the U.S.?

(A) San Francisco   (B) Houston    (C) Atlanta   (D) Dallas     (E) Miami

8. Which was NOT one of the 4 U.S. cities with the highest commercial property vacancy rates?

(A) Mobile, AL    (B) Chicago, IL     (C) Phoenix, AZ      (D) Akron, OH       (E) Sacramento, CA