• Investor
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Craigslist Next Steps?

Brandon Leong
  • Investor
  • New York, NY
Posted Jan 26 2017, 10:55

So I seem to have stumbled upon a decent deal on Craigslist, which is great! But I am unsure about the next steps that I need to take. Since this property is out of state, I do want to eventually visit the property and make sure it all checks out. However, since it's on Craigslist, I've only had contact with the seller up to this point (just a few emails about the property). Some question I have are:

• If I want to move on the property, do I need to find a local broker to help me write up the offer and also tell me about the neighborhood? My initial research indicates that it's a decent area but I don't know for sure, it's a small town
  • If I do find a local broker, does that broker also act as the sellers broker as well? Or do they usually have their own?
  • Since it's out of state, should I go to a local bank there to inquire about mortgages? Or should I just go to a big bank here in New York, Chase or Bank of America?
  • I've been listening to the podcast and they say that you should have a team in place. If this property is out of state, should I meet with attorneys and CPAs here in New York and then vet out local brokers, contractors and property managers

Thanks for any information you guys provide! It's been a fun journey so far... 2 weeks in!

Loading replies...