New investor looking for financing

2 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets community, I am new to real estate investing and have a few question regarding lenders. I am looking to start flipping properties and would like to use lenders as my source of financing. I was wondering if I should approach lenders with my business plan and a few sample deals giving an example of the kind of deals I am looking for, and see if I could get a letter of commitment from the lender (or a pre-approval letter and proof of funds statement) before going out and looking for deals. Or should I wait until I have a deal under contract then go look for a lender (and run the risk of maybe not finding financing)? All advice is appreciated. Thanks

Updated over 3 years ago

By "Lender" i'm referring to Hard Money Lenders and trying to obtain unconventional financing.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you