Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Cassidy Burns
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, DC
Votes |
Good Business Practice. How do you handle this situation?

Cassidy Burns
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, DC
Posted Apr 27 2017, 09:14

Hi BP,

This situation isn't a tremendously big deal but I am just wondering how you business owners out there handle this situation.

-I hired a professional lawn care service to mow my 2 units.  1 Duplex and 1 single family home.  $100 total was the pricing. 

-They sent me an email stating that they were finished.  

-My property manager went to the units and the single family home had not been mowed or even touched and only one side the of Duplex had been mowed.

-I reached out, they apologized and said they mowed the wrong single family home and "forgot" to do the other side of the duplex.  They said they would fix it. 

-1 week later they finally go back again, call me, say they can't do the single family because it will take to long, and then mow the SAME SIDE that they already mowed 4 days before and didn't' do the other side AGAIN??

-I now hired another company to mow the rest and finally got this done.  

The company is still trying to charge me $55 for the mowing of the one side 2x, and saying that they broke their mower on the wrong yard.  I told them I would pay them $35 for mowing the one side 1x and that I wouldn't pay for the 2nd time.  

How would you handle this?  Pay and move on?  Very small town that I am investing in and don't want to ruin reputation!

Thanks!

BPG Residential Logo

Loading replies...