BRRR what would you do?

10 Replies

Hi all,

I'm interested in BRRR as a strategy. Being my first attempt, I am looking at the group for advice. I purchased 2 duplexes. one unit is not rented so I set something up on craigslist to rent it out, but then started thinking I should BRRR the units as they become available.

This being my first time, I have no idea what I should do.

What would you do to a unit like this to increase the value. The homes where built in 1962 and looks like very little was done to modernize them.

I would appreciate any and all help.

Great! Now, have you looked at units in your area with higher price points? What is different between theirs and yours? Obviously the kitchen could use a touch-up. Pull the carpet, go for hard wood instead (in my area the "NYC loft" look is quite easy and popular for the higher priced units, and obviously not much work since almost everything is "exposed")

But all in all you'd keep with the theme of the area I'd supposed, matching the conditions of the units whose prices you'd be trying to match.

this could be a great time to rehab; the unit is certainly older. Best way to make the decision is based on numbers. 

How much would you spend and what would that do to the rent you can collect?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you