Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Jack B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
How would you turn 2 million in equity into cash flow?

Jack B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Sep 13 2017, 08:42

So I'm sitting on about 1.4 mil in equity right now. Projected to be nearly 3 mil in five more years. But let's say I have some hardships along the way so I conservatively figure I'll have 2 mil. I could retire with my current cash flow of about 30K a year right now, if I'm frugal, which I am in general. But I don't want it to always be so "tight" so to speak. Seattle is expensive but I plan on relocating anyway when I pull the trigger, so I'd have less expenses. Ideally I'd like to increase my cash flow to replace my six figure job income.

Would you buy an apartment complex with a loan? Turnkey rentals paid in cash? What kind of cash flow could I make from something like this? The apartment complex might offer good cash flow, but also the potential to increase the value of the property through increasing the NOI. Paid off turnkey rentals seem like they would provide cash flow, but not much else.

Also in line with this question, we all know W2 income is King when it comes to getting loans. So as much as I hate to, would it be better to keep the W2 income to qualify for loans so I can snap some up at the bottom of the next major crash? Until I have a few mil to my name and a six figure cash flow? I mean at that point I'd really feel comfortable to retire.

Loading replies...