Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Reich
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
How to invest in buy and hold if a crash is coming?

Andrew Reich
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Sep 30 2017, 18:39

Hi there. Whilst I'm a newbie to real estate, i'm no newbie to business.  At 26 i started my own company (in China) and recently sold it for millions.   Now I want to create passive income and I have created a strong plan to buy and hold in 2nd tier US cities such as Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and others.  

In short my strategy is to buy multi-unit places in up and coming areas, often near good universities (ones that have a strong expansion plan), do some fixing up (but not tear-downs), and then rent out via management companies (as best possible).  I will not use too much of my own funds.  I will leverage the money on I have in my own house in LA and in investment accounts to get lines of credit.  

I've done lots of research, created a financial model in excel, I have the cash, and I'm ready to go.  I know exactly what I want to do and how I'm going to do it.  

BUT, in nearly every BP podcast I listen to these days it seems like the guys are talking of some approaching "crash" of the real estate market.  Should I be nervous that I'm just about to jump head first into this?  Should I wait?  What actions should I take to hedge my strategy, if any?

I sincerely apologize if this topic as been covered already, and ask that you point me to the already covered topic. 

Loading replies...