Presenting a deal to a potential Investor/Partner

2 Replies

What is the best way to present a deal to a potential investor/partner?

Right now, I am looking around on the MLS and wholesaler lists for my first deal. I am starting to get an eye out for what is a good deal or not. I need to set up some financing so that when a great deal comes across I can act on it. I have a few people in mind who would be willing to invest or partner if the numbers make sense. They are also buying into me as well as my business partner. What are the best ways to present a potential deal to someone who is interested in putting money up as an investor? I want to come across as professional, competent and legit!

I suggest making some type of credibility packet that highlights your experience and education.  For specific properties I make a lender offering packet, here is the main page, I also include all the supporting docs at the bottom as well: 

Awesome, that looks great! Thanks for your suggestions! Also, when you do find an investor who will go in a a particular deal, what is a general rule of thumb for handling the actual "cash"? Is it acceptable for them to write a check to be deposited? To then be used to invest? Cash at closing? Or setting up some type of joint account?

What has worked best (and the least) for you?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here