Seminars and classes

3 Replies

What does everyone think about real estate seminars? I went to a seminar the other day a learned some valuable information but it was hard to distinguish if the speaker was just boasting about their intensive class or if they actually wanted to help. They seemed like they had some inside knowledge and a great system that guarantee results when it comes to income producing properties. They were some great salesmen and I forgot to bring my wallet so when I went to go sign up for the classI could not. I viewed it as a sign. What is your experience with these seminars and the classes they offer. Was is a good thing I forgot my wallet or a missed opportunity? 

I have not attended any seminars or felt a need to, because there is so much information out here for free (or low very cost) in biggerpockets, various podcast, and numerous great books!  I can read or listen to any of these things on my own schedule and for free (unless I decide to buy a book).  So, I guess that I would say the seminars are not worth the cost or time. 

Although some are very beneficial most are looking to sell you into another course. I find pretty much the same info on BP as I have in the costly seminars.

@Paul Papamarkos yea they were trying to sell everyone hands on classes. The thing that caught my interest was that they guaranteed results or money back. They offered 3 day class and would help you get a deal within 6 months. They seemed to have an inside knowledge of the market. They claimed that MLS deals were not that efficient way to get a deal. they suggested going to local banks for REO's and wholesaling. They promised access to private lenders that lend based on the deal and not someones credit. BiggerPockets has been a great resource for me but i just couldn't figure out if those follow up classes would provide me with something that bigger pockets could not.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.