Real Estate vs Traditional Investments

3 Replies

Hi All!  My wife is unconvinced that investing in real estate is beneficial over or in addition to some of the traditional investments we have (401Ks, REITs, stock market, etc).  I'm looking to buy my first rental property (and planning for more buy & holds after that) and could use some help getting her on board.  Any comments or articles that you could recommend would be great.  For starters I'm going to try to get her to read Rich Dad Poor Dad.  Thanks for your help!

@Justin Hull   Real Estate has been for a long time a  great investment,  the "Tradicional Investments" has been for less than a 100 years,  You can use a lot of Leverage on Money,  work and time on Real Estate,  you are the one who controls your investment, ask her to read Rich Woman and start listening "The Real Estate Guys Show podcast 

Hi Ali - good article!  For me, the biggest benefits are the fact that someone else (bank) finances the bulk of your purchase while another someone else (tenant) pays the loan back, all the while you're cash flowing.

Thanks for the article.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here