Are you working with partners?

5 Replies

Hi, I'm a writer doing a story for realtor.com on small real estate investors working with partners. My editor thinks that, as prices have risen in recent years, more investors may be finding partners so they can afford properties. I'm trying to see if that's true.

Have you worked with partners? Would love to talk to you! Thanks 

@Kathleen Lynn I started working with partners a little over a year ago. Since I began working with partners, I have acquired a 9 unit apartment building in Berwyn (near where I live), a 20 unit apartment in South Bend and flipped a house with a different partner. The most important part of partnering for me was not necessarily that I could buy more expensive properties. I have been able to take on a little more risk due to having partners, and that has allowed me to accelerate my businesses. I have also benefited from the skill sets my partners bring to the table, and I believe that in many partnerships 1+1 equal more than 2!

Thanks, John! Appreciate hearing about your experiences. I may be in touch to talk further, if that's okay.

John, 

I am interested in doing the same thing. I currently own 3 single units properties but have my eyes on 4-20 unit properties. 

Where would I begin to search for partners interested in investing like this? 

Thanks! 

Hi @Kathleen Lynn .

As an investor from out of country, I find it essential to find financial partners to help me keep my investing growing. Local American banks aren't too keen to lend to Canadians that invest in the US market. 

@Adam Norris . I have found several partners at my local REIA. I've taken every opportunity that I could to talk about progress and successes in order to build credibility. The REIAs are a great place to find like minded investors.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.